Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Welcome to our Jamaica blog!

This is the spot where we will keep you updated on our trip to Jamaica, through various team members bloggin! We want you to be a part of our journey, so we want to keep you in the loop. The support of our friends and family caring about us and being there for us, is so huge. So thank you for stopping by to check out our blog.

Our team of 17 youth and young adults has been decided and announced. FITTY- aka Phil did a fabulous job presenting to our church an overview of what we will be doing. Jacinthe designed and painted some great visuals at the back of the sanctuary to show our progress meter as we count down the days.

We have had quite a few team meetings already. Phil and Rachel have been to Jamaica, and done this before, so in our meetings we have had the chance to get a little cultural training for our 10 day trip there. We have been briefed on the kinds of projects we will be involved in as well. They include working with the community, visiting orphanages, woman's prison and construction.

Rachel has made some great flyers to explain how to get involved and the fun process of fundraising begins. If you didn't recieve a flyer yet, consider this your e-version for now, because you will find out the scoop on this blog!

2 comments:

  1. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! I'm the first follower!!!! And my BF's part of team. Guess who??? No Jon not you, I love you dearly but I was talking about your wife Gailly Gail!!!LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great idea. I hope that you also are able to update it while on your trip too once and a while.
    I went on a trip to Equador when I was 16 years old and it I spent 2 months there doing construction and other things and it was a life changing experence. I am very happy that you have the chance to do this! Be Blessed.
    P.S. I am Gail's sister.

    ReplyDelete